Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Japan Trip 5

here's my last post on Japan.. then i can dump tt note book i brought along already... gosh... sooo long~!!!

Day 7 - Osaka - Last night in Japan

Wwe visited Osaka City University early in the morning with Keiko Aunty. She brought us to her working lab where Mom took a few pictures of Aunty Keiko's working environment. Here's one:


We also visited the library for medical students and also the hospital beside it.


After that, we went to Osaka Castle. It was surrounded with tall walls made of huge stones. The place was evry quiet unlike the castles that we've visted in China. It was great to have a chance to climb all the way up to the top of the main tower where we could have a good view of the surrondings. It is indeed a beautiful and peaceful place. We also got to learn more about the history of the king who built this castle in the museum at the 2 lower levels of the tower.


Then we also visited this long shopping street like the Ochard Road of Singapore. This place is called Harajuku. Harajuku is lined with shops selling the most trendy clothes in Japan. There, we could easily see the difference between the Japanese and Singaporean fashion sense. Their dressing were much more exaggerating and daring.


O ya.. I noticed that men are still more superior than women in Japan. There was this couple that caught my eye in the train. The guy was sitting down instead of his girlfriend. And the gal was realli sweet to offer to hold all the shopping bags while standing up so that her bf could take a nap comfortably. I guess I prefer to stay in Singapore. I dun like MCPs!!!

We came back to Tennoji for dinner at Keiko Aunty's house. Mom bought a lot of ingredients to cook from the supermart nearby. Yes!!! It was Singaporean style! Laksa, black pepper chicken, Curry and vegetables... Mum was complaining about the chicken she bought the entire night. Lol.. it cost us S$30.. about 6 times the price of one in Singapore... Keiko Aunty told us that it is probably a local breed from the moutains.. no wonder the meat was so tender...

After dinner, Keiko Aunty took us to an island where there were special xmas decor.. The entire event was called Osaka Hikari-Renaissance 2006. The trees were lighted with xmas lights that danced with the xams songs blasting from the big speakers around the place.. Though it wasn't as spectacular as what we have in Singapore, I must admit that it was still beautiful and romantic. I could have melted if I was with the right person.. Well and of coz.. I realized how much I missed my dear.. It was kinda tough for me to hold back those tears when there were so many couples cuddling together around me.. Realli hope that I'll be able to visit Orchard Road on xmas eve when I am back in Singapore with dear.. It'll be all that I need this holiday..

Then we headed to the bazaar across the highway where there were more xmas light displays and artistic structures put up my the local art students. Some of the structures were made of recycled materials like pastic bottles. It reminded me of rag in NUS. lol.. The place was charming but somehow it wasn;t all tt pleasant.. I felt very lonely walking past the busy lights. Wasn't in the mood to take any pictures.. this is my onli 1:


It was a great holiday.. just that something is missing...

No comments: